Have you ever read a new recipe and then been stuck wondering what something meant? Or maybe you’re dying to bake something, but you don’t have the right pan. Best-Selling Author Joyce Middleton brings you a glossary of common baking terms for the novice baker.
Here’s a sampling of what you’ll find in this book:
– What is a Baba and what does it contain?
– The recipe calls for Anjou Pears and you only have Bartlett Pears; is one a valid substitute for the other?
– Your recipe lists a scant cup of flour as one of the ingredients. How much is a scant?
– Have you ever wondered why your Pyrex baked breads and cakes always have a dark, almost burned crust?
– What is the firm ball stage?
– Why does the recipe instruct not use a pan with a nonstick coating?
– Why do I need a pastry cloth?
– What’s a pastry crimper?
Joyce Middleton is a self-taught cook and baker sharing her favorite family recipes published for the Amazon Kindle. She’s been baking since she was a girl making quick breads for the extended family for the holidays. After building numerous businesses, she has come full circle and is back baking and cooking for others to enjoy.